Friday, June 5, 2015

update on Burner

You may not remember him but he was from my first post to this blog. I called him my first real screw up, where I thought I had messed up. I don't believe that anymore, no, everything happens for a reason. Up until last year I still held a flame to that memory but no longer. I have finally moved passed him, I'm a person that will hold out and wait for days, months or even years, call me patient if you so choose.

I guess over a year ago I confessed everything, the flame that still burned for him, thus the reason why I called him burner, I told him I was madly in love with him still. We had, one drunk night many many years ago, slept together and that just threw fuel on the fire. He effectively turned me down and squashed everything that I ever held for him. He's dating a wonderful girl now and I'm sure they will get married because she is perfect for him. I'm ok with this now, when I found out at first I was heart broken, my world crumbled around me. I thought at some point that we could work out, that we would make the perfect couple. No longer do I feel this way. We are now just friends, the flame has been extinguished finally.

I have done a lot of growing up since 2013, I have done a lot of learning and most of what I'm learning is the power of letting go, it is not healthy for me to continue to hold on to these foolish dreams. He is suppose to ask her father for her hand sometime this fall and their wedding is God knows when but I'll be sure to attend and wish them all the best of luck, luck may find me some day but I'm not worried I have too many stories to tell, to many things to do. There's millions of fish in the sea and one day I'll find my own prince charming....or not either way I'm not stalling my life anymore waiting for him to arrive.

No comments: