Monday, January 24, 2011

My first real screw up oh so long ago

As a child I was never shown much in the way of affection from the male race, as I have grown up I have sought after various relationships and most have failed, primarily due to my own naivety.  I was new to my middle school and made some friends, I had one guy friend who I fell madly in love with and eventually coaxed him into dating me.  We dated for a couple weeks, I don't think it was really long, we went on dates and held hands, you know what every child pokes and prods at in a relationship.  We were sitting across from each other on the bus and some of the kids were calling him gay.  Not sure why cause he most certainly was not and in an effort to prove them wrong I leaned into Burner (code name) and attempted to plant him one on the kisser, he pulled away from me and wouldn't talk to me after that.  Hurt and feeling a bit dejected I told him it was over, on the bus and in front of all the kids that were making fun of him.  To this day I realize that it was a stupid thing to do to break up with him, and I regret it, but we have maintained an awesome friendship to this day, so I guess I haven't lost him completely.

No comments: